I found this while searching for something different to do with tilapia. We eat fish at least once a week, rotating between salmon and tilapia with cod thrown in as well. This is easy enough for a weeknight meal but tastes as if you spent a lot of time on it.
Parmesan Breaded Tilapia
• ½ cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
• ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tbsp. garlic powder
• 1tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
• 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
• 4 tilapia fillets (or other white fish fillets, such as sole, cod or haddock)
1. Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Lightly oil a baking sheet.
2. In a plastic or paper bag combine bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano (or Italianseasoning), salt and pepper. Hold the top of the bag shut and shake to mix everything together.
3. Pour oil into a small bowl. Working with one fillet at a time, brush both sides with a little of the oil, then drop into the bag with the bread crumb mixture and shake to coat well. Remove from bag and place on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining fillets.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, turn fillets over and continue to bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, or until the fish flakes when you poke into it with a fork.