This is another recipe from the great site Cooking During Stolen Moments. Like all the other recipes I have tried by her, this turned out great. Next time I’ll make a double batch so I have extra to freeze. This came together quickly as well. I made this on a weekday. I dipped these in bbq sauce. Yum!
Cheesy Potato Bites
• 1 1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled and quartered
• 4 T. butter
• 1 c. shredded extra sharp cheddar
• 1/2 c. flour
• 1 egg, beaten
• 1 t. salt
• 1/2 t. garlic powder
• 1/2 t. black pepper
• 1 c. breadcrumbs
1. Place the potatoes in a large pot filled with cold water. Bring to a boil and boil until potatoes are fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to the pot.
2. Add the butter to the pot and mash with the potatoes. Transfer the mashed
potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
3. Add the cheese, flour, egg and seasonings to the mixing bowl. Stir to combine well.
4. Using 1-2 tablespoons of potato mixture at a time, roll into a ball. Roll the balls into thebreadcrumbs until covered completely and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until done.
5. Drizzle the potato bites with some melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until golden brown and lightly crunchy. This recipe should make about 3 dozen potato bites, depending on the size.
To freeze the potato bites, flash freeze on a large dish or baking sheet until firm, then transfer to a plastic freezer bag.